SAFe® 4.5 Advanced Scrum Master with SASM Certification
SAFe® 4.0 Advanced Scrum Master with SASM Certification
The next step in the Scrum Master’s learning path
About the Course
In this one day course you will learn the critical skills required to create high performance teams.
SAFe Scrum Master Orientation can be delivered as part of an SAFe ART or independently to Scrum Masters who wish to build their skills in an enterprise context.
- Learn how to build high performance teams, and the concepts of forming, storming, norming and performing.
- Learn how to be a Scrum Master and serve your high performance team.
- Absorb the basic concepts of a Scrum Master, including the Scrum Master as a Servant Leader and how to coach your team.
- Form your team with insights on team structure, team purpose, and how Scrum ceremonies foster collaboration.
- Avoid roadblocks by learning the five dysfunctions of a team.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others who have assumed the role of an Agile team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers who will be responsible for Agile execution and for coaching teams and teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile program managers and prospective Release Train Engineers
After this course, you should be able to:
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in the multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at the team and program levels
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Apply Kanban and flow to optimize the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
- SAFe framework, values, and Lean-Agile principles
- Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Program increment planning, execution, and Inspect and Adapt workshops
- Quality engineering, Agile architecture, and DevOps practices
- Kanban for facilitating team and program flow of work
- Building high-performing teams
- Interaction with the system team, deployment, UX, architects, product owners, product management, and business owners
- Learning and Communities of Practice
Attendees of the SAFe SASM course are strongly suggested to have one of the following certificates: SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), or Professional Scrum Master (PSM).
Chris Verlinden has been one of the agile pioneers in Belgium, running major XP projects as soon as 2004. He is one of the founders of ADJUGO and its present CEO. Chris is Certified SAFe Program Consultant.
"I have always wanted to see a solution for letting larger companies enjoy the benefits of agile working. I believe the SAFe framework provides such a solution and I am quite enthousiastic about the possibilities the SAFe framework provides for scaling agile.
Not just for large organisations, though. Medium sized organisations can still learn a lot from the SAFe approach..."
The Positive Leadership Short introduction seminar is a nice eye opener to the challenges when interacting with people in a team leadership or change context.